Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Sand Box!


Grandpa Brain and Grandma Julie gave Miss Ella this a few weeks ago…




They said it was the only pink shovel left at Menards when they were out shopping so they had to get it for Ella. The shovel got me thinking about next summer. Ella Bear will be much more active and will need some fun summer toys. I decided to search for sandboxes for Miss Ella. 

I found a lot of really beautiful “homemade” sandboxes, but living in a townhouse doesn’t allow us to build a sandbox in our backyard. So I started searching for plastic sandboxes. There are a lot of ugly, bulky sandboxes out there! Then, I found this adorable sandbox on amazon, but with a price tag of over $100, I was curious to see if there was a less expensive alternative (when we move into a bigger house with a bigger backyard, I’d to have one of those beautiful “homemade” sandboxes that I found when I began my search). 

 
After a few days of checking Craig’s list I found this…

  I emailed the family with the posting and after a quick reply, Scott called and made arrangements to check out the sandbox on his way to work the next day. He texted me a picture of the sandbox in the back seat of his car! He said it was in great condition and knew that Elle would love playing in it next summer. And for $25, it was a fraction of the cost of the one I found on Amazon.

We are looking forward to spending oodles of time outside in the sandbox next summer. I’ll need to keep my eyes open for some fun sandbox toys!

Sunday afternoon I scrubbed the sandbox while Scott washed the car.

Elle enjoyed watching us while she jumped!

Then we brought the sandbox out back to see what it will look like out on the patio. Elle and I decided to sit in it.
And this is what our patio will look like next summer.

It will be so much fun!
 After taking the photographs of the sandbox, Scott tucked the sandbox safely away in the basement until next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment