Monday, August 15, 2011

Halloween... Already???


Yes, we are already thinking about Halloween at our house. Initially, Scott and I thought that Ella should be a little brown bear for Halloween being that she has had the nickname Ella Bear from day one. We thought we could find a cute brown sweatshirt and use some steam-a-seam to attach a cute belly patch and then perhaps I could crochet a bear hat like the one pictured below, only in a shade of brown instead of pink (found at Etsy)…

However, I am not sure I am skilled enough to crochet such a hat. Jamie and I spent some time working very hard on crocheting such a hat using videos from youtube. Grandma Eleanor taught us how to crochet when we were little. Jamie always caught on much faster than I did.  We haven’t been successful in making a hat yet. I am picking up a large supply of crocheting books from the library this week. We’ll see what happens. Grandma Eleanor could certainly have helped explain the crochet terms and teach me some of the more difficult stitches. We miss you Grandma!

So if I’m not successful in making a bear hat, we have some back-up Halloween costumes. Take a look at the adorable costumes I spotted on the internet.

What do you think? What should Ella be for Halloween? Let us know in the comments. We’d love your input!

1 comment:

  1. My vote is for "Ella Bear" to be a cute fuzzy teddy Bear- Gramma Barbie

    ReplyDelete