Friday, December 16, 2011

Santa came a little early...

I am horrible at keeping secrets regarding birthday and Christmas presents and find it even more difficult to wait to give someone a present once I have it. Scott got his Christmas present back in November (to be fair I wasn't exactly sure that it was the right thing and had no other way of finding out that it was the right thing unless I asked Scott... so I gave him his gift early). So, I've been waiting very patiently to give Ella her Christmas and Santa presents, but last weekend I broke down and gave Ella her stocking gifts early.

Why? Why not wait? Well you see once again I have a very good reason to not WAIT. We are celebrating Christmas with Scott's family this weekend and then celebrating Christmas Eve with my family a week later. Ella will get her fair share of presents at these two celebrations and we wanted her to enjoy the presents we purchased for her and the presents others purchased her. So we gave Ella her stocking gifts early so she could enjoy them! Plus, she's too little to understand that it wasn't Christmas morning when her stocking gifts were opened. So enjoy the photographs below of her discovering her stocking gifts (which have been played with every day this week!).

Ps. We still have a "Santa" present that she'll open Christmas morning at my parents house!

"Hmm... What's this?"
Studying the new girly toy cars....

Yay! She loves her new toy cars. As you can see in the background, I am working very hard to get the other toy car free from the packaging. Grrrr!
The new toy ball is a hit too. Scott actually plays with this toy ball every single evening!

Hmm... a doll?!?!
Ella has never been a fan of dolls. She has one at Grandma Julie's that she isn't fond of, but we thought we'd get her one for our house.

Yes, she cried when we handed her the doll, but she's getting better and creeps over to the doll frequently throughout the day. Notice how wet Elle's shirt is? She's getting her top tooth. Top Tooth= Crabby Baby!
Yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment