Monday, December 5, 2011

What did we make? A Gingerbread House!!!

We have begun checking things off our Christmas Season Activity List that I posted earlier. One of the fun things we wanted to make sure to do this season was build a gingerbread house. We started this tradition last year and wanted to continue it this year. Ella and I purchased a kit from Micheal's and that evening we went about putting it together.

Ella played in her high chair while...

Daddy read directions... and mixed the frosting.

The engineer helped ensure the house was structurally sound, while I frosted away.
Ella played with measuring cups and measuring spoons.

We worked on adding details to our little casa.
While someone began melting down.

Next we added candy...
Then we took a mini break to get someone out of her high chair.

Someone watched from the living room, but ended up back in her high chair (closer to mommy and daddy).
Yikes!!! That's my dinning room.
Her face says... "Put me to bed mommy and daddy. I rarely make it past 7pm."

These are my disgusting hands after frosting and decorating the gingerbread house. I showered after we cleaned up.
Beautiful!

Ella just wanted to go to bed.

Well... she also wanted to grab the gingerbread house!

No comments:

Post a Comment